The Anchorage Petroleum Women's Association began in 1958 when a group of ten women gathered to welcome the wives of oil and gas employees transferred to Alaska. Known then as the "Anchorage Petroleum Wives Club," our founders finalized by-laws and elected first officers. Dues were $5 per year. Over 60 years later, we continue to provide members with opportunities to socialize and share interests through our Luncheons/Monthly Gatherings and Activity Groups.
Since our founding, we have embraced a charitable component, which is encompassed in our associated 501(c)3 organization, the Anchorage Petroleum Women's Foundation. The Anchorage Petroleum Women's Foundation supports (through volunteerism and fundraising) a number of local non-profit organizations. Each year we select an organization to be our annual Non-Profit Partner. Recent Non-Profit Partners include the Alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired (2013-2014), The Children's Lunchbox (2014-2015), Alaska Botanical Garden (2015-2016), The Alaska Zoo (2016-2017), and The Arc of Anchorage (2017-2018). To raise funds for this local non-profit, we organize an annual Charity Fundraiser, which is typically held in February.
Interested in joining us? Learn more by visiting our Membership page.
Not ready to join? "Like" our public Anchorage Petroleum Women's Association Facebook page to learn more about us and follow what we're doing in the Anchorage community.